More Pages Coming Soon!

Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Summer Time, Time, Time

This last month has been full of life. I have been busy in the garden, trying to keep everything watered during this drought we are having, and eating fresh food everyday.

 

We are overrun with fruits and vegetables and this week more than once I have been so full of fresh figs, strawberries, kiwis, and golden plums that I haven't even bothered to make dinner. 


The goats and David and I spent a week on another farm taking care of some other animals. They had a little baby kitten who was so sweet! I might have to adopt a kitten for David. He was carrying her around like a ragdoll.


Or... maybe that was me.



I have been baking cinnamon rolls and bread for the farmer's market, and also making lots of spanakopita with greens out of the garden, sometimes with 100% kale. They are so good and a great way to get my kid to eat greens. They are also great with homemade goat cheese. I am excited for a cheese making workshop this weekend where we will make some more complex cheeses! I will be sure to take photos.


All of this hot, sunny weather has been great for swimming. David has always been strong in the water and I hope he will be able to swim by the end of the summer.

Thanks for reading, have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Those cinnamon rolls look good. And what a beautiful place to learn to swim. My littlest loves the water but wasn't quite swimming confidently on her own at the start of the Summer, the river and the sea are really helping her, and it feels great that she's improving so much outdoors in this way rather than inside a swimming pool full of chlorine.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You May Also Like: