More Pages Coming Soon!

Sunday 2 March 2014

Sleep Deprived



My two baby girl goats are thriving on their diet of mother's milk. I am actually loving bottle feeding them, while I am getting very little sleep, it is so sweet to watch those little curly tails start wagging when they see me, and while I feed them they look at me with their little doe eyes that are full of love.

I'M A MOMMY!!

Sadly I have only a few photos to share today as I have been very busy keeping on top of feeding two babies, milking two mamas, feeding everyone and keeping the stalls clean and dry.


They are on a feeding schedule that starts with my alarm going off at 5:30 in the morning, and ends with a night feeding before I go to sleep around 11 pm.

One thing I must admit is that waking up at dawn is an amazing experience that I have not had the pleasure of experiencing very many times in my life. The most I've seen the sunrise is from staying up through the night before and greeting the dawn before crashing into bed and sleeping until the afternoon.

I go down to the goats at 6am, I prepare for milking, I fill up my jars with fresh milk and then I feed the sweet babies. Slowly the sky gets a lighter shade of blue, the birds start to sing, and the animals are all calm and relaxed because truly their day starts at sun-up. I come inside, having been awakened by the fresh air and activity. I finally did yoga with the sunrise! It was amazing. I've been half delirious with sleep deprivation but wildly happy with a new purpose and meaning in my life, caring for these newborns.

A lot like when I had my own baby almost three years ago.

My sleepy boy with his bunny.

I promise to update some better photos and perhaps a video link as the kids are now starting to jump around, play with the baby chickens, and lick each other. I'm so glad they have each other for company and warmth. Goats are very social and a lonely goat is a very sad creature.

Thanks for checking the blog and stay tuned for some more farm pictures! The silky chickens are starting to have those trademark head feathers that stick straight up in the air. One of them literally has a mohawk.

And just in case farm life isn't your up of tea, I've been chain piecing on the sewing machine and will post photos of that as well.

Now If you will please excuse me, I desperately need a nap.

* I'm going to go blog hopping and leave some comments before I crash! If you have a blog, comment with a link! I'd love to check it out and give you some feedback, too. Right now I have a quilt infatuation so I'm frequenting sewing and quilting blogs the most, but I love to read about backyard homesteading and fiber farms. There is so much inspiration out there.

Blessings to all. The Spring Equinox is fast approaching.


1 comment:

  1. Love this article, it truly brings back great memories. My hubby even came over to check out your new little ones. Naaah!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You May Also Like: