More Pages Coming Soon!

Saturday 15 March 2014

Photos: Nature Walk

Happy World Quilting Day! To atone for my last post which was full of dull white photos of white cheese, here are some more colorful shots from the last couple of days. I've been forcing myself to rest so much that I am not even sewing, even though when I sew I often sit down so that is kind of resting, right?





I considered disbudding the kids this year, but I didn't do it. I would have had to burn their horn buds to prevent the horns from growing. There is only a brief window of time after the kids are born when this can be done, and I missed it. The goats will have horns after all. Removing a mature animal's horns is a terrible process, as the horns are a living part of the skull. Surgical horn removal is rarely recommended. 

Horns are majestic and my goats are pretty gentle (certainly with us, if not with each other) and also many of these kids will be sold or eaten.


David has been pretty understanding that I've been sick. The downtime has actually been nice because I have even more time to listen to him.

Playing 'pirate ship' at the lake.


He likes my knit toque!

Fighting for a clear blue sky. Come on, sun!

Pirate booty.


Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love love this post, OMG its just reminding me I love goats and its so hard to have a vacation if you can't find someone to milk these little beggars! Great walk and do rest, don't worry about all things!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You May Also Like: