More Pages Coming Soon!

Friday 21 March 2014

Back To Some Crafts

Hello faithful readers, I am still alive! The craft is not dead! Only a little under the weather. My blog views were climbing, and then I got very sick! The last few entries were kind of boring and craftless. Now I think I'm back to just blogging for my mom! But, that's ok. (Hi, Mom!)


I made a little zipper pouch for a friend of mine for her birthday.


It was made from a few little scraps. I hope she likes it!


I did some seam ripping and improved my "Lady of the Lake" blocks for the Sister's Ten BOM.


Let it be known that I do NOT like to do this block. Lining up all those triangles was a pain in my pincushion. They aren't perfect but they're as good as they're gonna get!

June's block is called "The Contrary Wife"
These are the blocks for June. I love the name.


And to honor all of the time I am putting in to these blocks, I fixed February's Susannah block. And celebrated my small accomplishment with another cuppa. I wonder just how many gallons of tea I've drunk over the last couple weeks?


I ordered more musical fabric, the background for my Sister's Ten blocks, and got a charm pack just for fun. It is called "Hearty Good Wishes" and is a beautiful sea theme. I love those little sperm whales! Also I like these prints because they will all match squares of repurposed blue jeans and khakis. Maybe I can squeeze a small quilt out of this charm pack!


This rooster is going to make a tasty dinner this summer.


The garden is starting to come alive.



Our radishes are emerging!


Thank you so much for reading my blog.

Check in with me again for some more quilting progress.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you are all recovered and not too tired. I thought I'd added you to my reader, but I hadn't. I have now so it's not just your mum! Love the pics of your smallholding and looking forward to seeing what you do with your Hearty Good Wishes, jeans and khakis. I have a similar plan for some designer fabrics and old shirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, It is so nice to know that I am reaching other crafters, too! :)

      Delete
    2. Trust me Emily, I am not the only reader you have in Georgia!! That nautical fabric is gorgeous and will look fabulous with denims. Just might be the quilt for your living room display! So glad you are on the mend XOXOXO!! Mum

      Delete
  2. Yeah you must be feeling better, lovely blocks and I rarely unpick, so you have probably done more than I've ever done. I've been completely my new winter crazy quilt block, look for it soon on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the nautical fabric and your idea to use ut with denim is great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You May Also Like: