More Pages Coming Soon!

Sunday 23 March 2014

A Little Quilt and a Little Lamb

Why do I have ten unfinished projects on the go?
I seem to be good at starting projects but not so hot at finishing them these days.


I made this sample to test a pattern I am working on for a hexagon quilt made of half-hexagon strips. I wanted to see if I did the math right and if my hexes would match up.

The light is shining through some fabric!

The hexagon shapes worked! I didn't pay much attention to matching up the print of the fabric so it definitely looks scrappy, but this is sort of a trial piece anyway. I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before I cut into my fancy stuff.


For the most part the hexes lined up just fine. I think I'll add a border to this and make it a baby quilt. I am pretty excited about making tiny quilts after doing a couple of queen sizers. They work up so quickly!


Someone showed up at my house today with a little orphaned lamb. He was being pecked at by ravens, poor little thing! He was covered in mud and hungry so I warmed up some goat's milk, got out the bottles again, and gave him a warm bath. He seemed to perk up once we got him clean and dry and fed. I sent him home with some more milk and a feeding bottle. I hope he makes it. 


See this hideous thing? I found this old quilt top and I decided that I AM going to finish it. It is so ugly that I'm making that the "theme" and replacing some squares with fabric that is just as tacky and mismatched. Call me crazy but I think this could be a quilt that I'll actually use!

In my house, between all of us trekking through animal pens and garden beds and my son making spills all over the place I can't bring myself to put a nice hand made quilt out for us because I know it would get wrecked in a hurry!


Last night I made a couple of goat-cheese and asiago pizzas. I used my easy paneer cheese recipe and added sage, rosemary, and basil to the cheese. The pizza was divine! The sauce was our garden tomato sauce from last year and I made a couple loaves of bread from the rest of the dough for the crust. Nothing like food from your own backyard.


1 comment:

  1. I love goat cheese and I'm finding that I might be intolerant to cow's mil, great hexagons and good on you for renovating an older quilt! It snowed again yesterday, ugh! Glad to hear you are on the mend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You May Also Like: