More Pages Coming Soon!

Friday 27 December 2013

Merry Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. It was the first year since I was a kid that I really celebrated and got into the "Christmas Spirit" and played holiday music, put up a tree, and left cookies out for Santa.

Most of all we remembered the reason for the season, which for us is the winter solstice and the turning of the earth to once again tilt towards the sun. The days have now started to grow longer by a couple minutes each day and I welcome the return of the light!

I finished David's stocking on Christmas Eve, just in time for Santa and his goodies.


I used some of the beautiful Christmas fabric my mom sent and embroidered David's name in green at the top.


And I tried out one of the "fancy stitches" on my new machine.

For the back of the stocking I used a solid piece and free-form quilted it to the flannel lining.


The machine itself and all the fabric were gifts from my parents so I was happy to show my mom what I've been working on.

I can't stop making quilted oven mitts and potholders, either!



And what is Christmas dinner without PIE!?


I have some pumpkin from the garden steaming right now for a pumpkin pie, I have to go attend to it.

All in all it was a beautiful Christmas and I am ever grateful to my sweet family (MOM!) for sending us so many lovely presents.


Fabric and cookie cutters!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You May Also Like: