More Pages Coming Soon!

Sunday 15 December 2013

Cookie Swap

I hosted my first-ever cookie swap today. The theme was Gluten Free and of course, Christmas.


I made 8 dozen gingerbread cookies for the swap.

My Gluten Free Gingerbread Recipe
2 cups rice flour
2 TBsp tapioca starch
1 TBsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c butter
1 c brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 c molasses

Roll into 1 1/2" balls and bake at 350 F for about 12 minutes.


I wrapped them in wax paper and put them in the top of an egg carton.

While I was packing them all up, David swiped a package and treated like his own little "present" and opened it and started stacking the cookies elsewhere and three of them were destroyed. It was the first time I have considered actual punishment. I don't believe in inventing consequences for someone so young. But, he knew that he wasn't supposed to open the package. I let him know I was mad and that it was not a joke. 


He is lucky I had some reject cookies to spare.
As if I was going to whip up another four separate colored batches of icing. Hah! One lucky person went home with some delicious abstract art on a few of their cookies.


At the swap there were rice krispie squares, shortbread, macaroons AND macarons, two kinds of fudge, some nutty chocolate bars, and some almond flour cookies. 

I drew names for a winner of some quilted oven mitts I made.

Now I have eight dozen different cookies and I don't have to do any baking for a while! Success.

Now if you will please excuse me, I need another rice krispie square.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You May Also Like: