More Pages Coming Soon!

Friday 6 December 2013

Almond Flour Biscuits

Biscuits are a gluten free winner. They are easy to make with GF flours because they are "quick breads" and they don't need to rest and develop gluten like traditional yeast bread. They are still flaky because of the butter and many gluten free grains are inherently very tasty. My favorite GF flours for these biscuits are buckwheat, almond, or quinoa. My recipe is a hippie spin-off of the baking powder biscuit recipe shared with me by my friend Nadine. Thank you for all of the amazing recipes and instruction, Na!



Gluten Free Biscuits
2 cups GF flour
1/3 cup cold butter (or coconut oil)
2/3 cold milk (can be substituted with nut or coconut milk)
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
optional: 1/2 cup hemp hearts or sprouted chia

Crumble the butter with dry ingredients as you would for regular biscuits. I always get my hands in there. Add milk and stir, then finish mixing with your hands and turn out dough onto a floured surface. Pat it down, roll it out, and cut into circles. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.


Super fun and easy for little bakers!


My kitchen is a disaster because I've been preparing for the local craft faire tomorrow morning. I've made some potholders and a few knitted pieces. There are fabric scraps everywhere! I still have a couple of loops to put on and a thumb gusset to finish on some knit gauntlets. 

On the plus side, I solved my ironing dilemma. My electric iron used an impertinent 1100 watts, so I cut off the cord and put it on the wood stove. The heat is difficult to regulate, but I am getting the hang of it. It works well and I find other things to work on while it heats up.


No electricity needed.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You May Also Like: