More Pages Coming Soon!

Friday 1 November 2013

Halloween 2013

I went a little crazy with the sewing machine and made some Hallowe'en costumes. David wasn't sure what he wanted to be and so I talked him into being Buzz Lightyear (we have a set of Buzz jammies, thanks to Nana, and even a helmet -- all the costume required was some purple cardboard wings) and he asked me what I was going to be. His suggestion was, at one point, "You be a big whale, mom."

Yeah, um, no. (This was when he wanted to be a shark) Anyways I had some fun with colorful fleece and made myself a simple costume based on Evil Emporer Zurg, Buzz Lightyear's nemesis. My son loved my costume so much that he wanted to wear it himself. And that is how this Halloween turned into a Zurg-a-thon.

The pumpkin was Zurg, I was Zurg, and David was Little Zurg. I was kind of disappointed in our hats, because of the way I sewed on the horns. They were not as upright as I had hoped they would be. But, David spent this Halloween being kind of terrified (people in our community REALLY know how to dress up) so it didn't matter. We had some goodies, sat by the bonfire, watched some fire spinning and went home. It was a great event put on by the school and some dedicated moms who did a great job decorating and setting everything up.

 
 
Little Zurgy eating a pumpkin cookie and trying not to be scared!

 

Happy Halloween. Don't forget to brush your teeth :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You May Also Like: